[Building Sakai] WIRIS Maths equation editor

Carles Aguiló carles at wiris.com
Fri Aug 3 02:54:16 PDT 2012

Dear Brian,

Thanks a lot for the information. I have to make one precision though: there is
a Java version of WIRIS formula editor, but the latest technology uses
Javascript + HTML4, so it does a lot better on mobile devices, accessibility,
etc.

About the rendering, the main difference with MathJax is that it reproduces a
font (or typeface) similar to the one in LaTeX, whereas we consider that
readability on the screen and readability on paper are different and try to
have a more screen-adapted approach via a neater font.

I hope I brought light to the key points discussed :-)

Best regards,

     Carles