[Building Sakai] Sakai 2+3 hybrid deployment scenario Clarifications

Lance Speelmon lance at rsmart.com
Mon Sep 19 08:02:31 PDT 2011

Lance Speelmon, VP Sakai Development
rSmart | 602.840.7300

On Sep 19, 2011, at 7:31 AM, Mustansar Mehmood wrote:

> Questions
> Please clarify if my understanding is  off?

Your understanding seems correct.

> Do both the database vendors have to be the same ?

No - you could, for example, run Oracle for CLE and MySQL for OAE.

> Which sakai (two or three?) be the main access point for users?

That is a good question. It is mainly a deployment decision that you will need to maker locally. It could be either or both. :) Depending on whether you want your users to know about one URL or two, and which user populations you are ready to send to which portal by default.  Sorry to be so vague, but you really do have a lot of flexibility and you need to tailor the solution to your own local needs.