[Building Sakai] Adjusting links after a site duplication

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Wed Sep 14 10:27:13 PDT 2011

You seem to be confused on what SAK-16568 does.  It creates an API to
manage conversions in text.  It is an extension of EntityTransferrer
by extending the API to do two things:

1)  When the tool transfers entities (ie. copy from one site to the
other), it returns a Mapping of (fromContextRef -> toContextRef).
This is collected and then passed into the 2nd step once everything is
collected from all tools being migrated.

2)  updateEntityReferences(String toContext, Map<String, String> transversalMap)
You can leave this blank or use the mapping to do a String.replace()
in any text you want to update in your tool.

> 1) In the case of Forums, Topics appear to move over properly as it is,
> but the forum
> as a draft ?  Do the modifications in SAK-16568 also move over postings
> ?  Are the forums
> themselves moved to non-draft status

This Jira doesn't deal with converting anything to draft.  The default
for site import is to import everything as a draft.  There is a
property you can set in Sakai.Properties to make it so all imported
data is published.

import.importAsDraft=false

*(not tied to SAK-16568)

> 2) Samigo - after a site dup, the old quizzes are non published in the
> new site. Does it
> publish the quizzes and then adjust the links ?

Samigo doesn't import published sites over, just the working copies.

*(Not tied to SAK-16568)

> 3) Assignments - after a site dup, assignments in the new site are
> drafts.  Does the new
> code change this ?

set import.importAsDraft=false
*(not tied to SAK-16568)

> 4) As I understand it, this code is invoked from Entity Picker.  How
> does this work ?
Nope, Entity picker is just a use case for the need for this jira.
You seem to have another use case and SAK-16568 will cover it.

>Am I right
> in assuming the critical code in each tool is contained within method
> updateEntityReferences ?  Could
> this be called from another context - for instance a free-standing "copy
> site" tool ?

If you want to use this API, just implement EntityTransferrer and
EntityTransferrerRefMigrator.  For good reason (there's a long
conversation in the list archive), this is broken into 2 API's, but
you will want to use EntityTransferrerRefMigrator function
transferCopyEntitiesRefMigrator if you want to return a mapping,
otherwise you just need to implement updateEntityReferences.

Thanks,
Bryan