[Building Sakai] [Using Sakai] "Add attachments" on all tools MODIFICATIONS!

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Mon Oct 31 14:36:11 PDT 2011

Attachments are currently stored in a special folder only visible to
administrators (as it's at the root/attachment/<site name>/<tool name>').
It seems like the better solution would be to make this folder visible to
the site owners and also include that in the quota calculations for the
site. Both of these things would take quite a bit of work though. Some
other tools also store things in special folders like Dropbox and melete
which are not counted.

These old comments in BaseContentService I believe are still accurate. ;)

  protected boolean overQuota(ContentResourceEdit edit)
  {
    // Note: This implementation is hard coded to just check for a quota in
the "/user/"
    // or "/group/" area. -ggolden

    // Note: this does NOT count attachments (/attachments/*) nor dropbox
(/group-user/<site id>/<user id>/*) -ggolden

Either task of

1) Changing every tool that uses attachments to only pull from existing
resources (not making new attachments or dropbox entires)

2) Changing overQuota to include existing attachments in quota calculations

*seems* like they would both take similar amounts of effort to implement.
Probably changing overQuota feels easier cause it's just in one place
rather than in tools and UI everywhere.