[Building Sakai] [oae-dev] What is the difference between nakamura and 3akai-us repository in git

Carl Hall carl at hallwaytech.com
Fri Oct 21 07:11:47 PDT 2011

Hi Mustanar,

The developers tend to use the OAE Builder project to build everything but
it is certainly possible to build using only maven.

We have 4 repositories that we use: 3akai-ux (UI), Nakamura (server), Solr
(search), and Sparse (storage). Solr and Sparse rarely have changes that
need to be managed locally, so picking up those artifacts from Maven is
usually fine.

Assuming you have 3akai-ux and nakamura in folders of the same name and at
the same level, a build would look like this:

$ cd 3akai-ux
3akai-ux$ mvn clean install
3akai-ux$ cd ../nakamura
nakamura$ mvn clean install

That will yield a runnable jar in nakamura/app/target.

HTH,
Carl