[Building Sakai] [oae-dev] What is the difference between nakamura and 3akai-us repository in git

Mustansar Mehmood mustansar at rice.edu
Fri Oct 21 07:25:42 PDT 2011

On 10/21/2011 09:11 AM, Carl Hall wrote:
> Hi Mustanar,
>
> The developers tend to use the OAE Builder project to build everything
> but it is certainly possible to build using only maven.
I am under the impression that with OAE Builder project its not
easy/possible (yet) to keep track of different versions 1.0 or 1.0.1 or
master etc. Please correct me on this one

> We have 4 repositories that we use: 3akai-ux (UI), Nakamura (server),
> Solr (search), and Sparse (storage). Solr and Sparse rarely have
> changes that need to be managed locally, so picking up those artifacts
> from Maven is usually fine.
>
> Assuming you have 3akai-ux and nakamura in folders of the same name
> and at the same level, a build would look like this:
>
> $ cd 3akai-ux
> 3akai-ux$ mvn clean install
> 3akai-ux$ cd ../nakamura
> nakamura$ mvn clean install
>
> That will yield a runnable jar in nakamura/app/target.

  The information you have given on this list is somehow either not
there or not conveniently available in the documentation for sakai
(hybrid) deployment

--
Mustansar Mehmood
Educational System Developer&  Integrator

Information Technology
6100 Main St. MS 119
Houston Texas 77005

Phone:(713)348-2523