[Building Sakai] WebDAV and securing all Tomcat contexts (was secure LDAP problems)

Colin Tatham colin.tatham at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Nov 29 21:06:34 PST 2011

Hi

Just to follow up on this, I discovered that our problems with WebDAV
were caused by putting a security constraint in web.xml, as described in
the "Securing All Tomcat Contexts" section here:

<https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+Admin+Guide+-+Advanced+Tomcat++%28and+Apache%29+Configuration>

I made sure to follow the warning mentioned on that page to specify my
serverUrl with https:// in sakai.properties, but that didn't solve the
problem.

Any thoughts? I'm planning to use an Apache rewrite to force SSL instead.

Thanks

Colin

24/11/11 12:50 AM, Colin Tatham: