[Building Sakai] WebDAV and secure LDAP problems

Colin Tatham colin.tatham at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Nov 23 05:50:24 PST 2011

Hi

We're using LDAP for user authentication, and it seems to be affecting WebDAV.

Our LDAP directory has to be accessed over a secure connection (but it can be an anonymous bind).

I've discovered that WebDAV doesn't work for users in the LDAP (gives a pretty immediate access denied message) but it's fine for users with accounts in Sakai. Has anyone encountered this before, or have any suggestions?

We're running Sakai 2.8.x, usually force all requests to be secure (although I've also done some tests via port 8080) and I'm testing using CyberDuck.

Thanks!

Colin

--
Colin Tatham | Educational Technologist | Learning Environments
University Library | The University of Melbourne

http://www.trs.unimelb.edu.au