[Building Sakai] Entity Broker: Oxford work

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 23 07:10:20 PST 2011

In the first 5ive months of next year we are planning the following Entity Broker work:

Resources API
-----------------

See:  http://wiki.oucs.ox.ac.uk/weblearn/ResourcesApi

*  Task 1 get folder contents (not recursive) - this should respect any specified ordering & return IDs & meta data, this includes
	* resource type
	* MIME type
	* display name
	* description
	* access URL
	* 'file type'
	* size
*  Task 2 'visibility' info
	* copyright (how will this work when a notice pops up?)
	* get availability dates
	* is it hidden?
*  Task 3 get new meta data
	* date specifier
	* course component
	* course tutor

Reading Lists
----------------

Given a reading list of ID X, get the reading list items as JSON/XML:

    list of all items on reading list of ID X, each item contains all the meta data we know about - this roughly maps to the page one sees when one enters a citation manually with the addition of a couple of internal IDs
    preserve the specified ordering
    bear in mind that one day we may have HTML elements of the reading list, we may optionally want to retrieve these in the array of results so may want a "type" of item returned
    the title and description will come via the Resources API

(Internal) Groups

If this doesn't already exist:

    create group
    delete group
    rename group
    add / edit description
    get size
    add this person to group (incl. add current user)
    remove this person from a group (incl. current user)

Adam