[Building Sakai] Lots of NameNotFoundExceptions following 2.7 upgrade - related to SAK-6239

Maurer, Christopher Wayne chmaurer at iupui.edu
Mon May 16 11:22:16 PDT 2011

IU just upgraded to 2.7.1 this weekend and we are now seeing lots of NameNotFoundExceptions being thrown by our user provider.
It seems that some changes made in SAK-6239 are now causing this.  To break it down, when a user logs in, they are redirected to their my workspace.
The change in SAK-6239 seems to expect that the myworkspace will be constructed with their EID rather then their (internal) ID.  But, if the url contains no site (as is the case when just logging in) is uses the user id as the basis for the siteId.  As the user lookups happen on down the line, our provider is being given the internal user ID which most certainly will not result in a found user!  If you want that to always be the EID, seems to me that the myworkspace url should always be built with the EID.
Anyone else running 2.7 see behavior like this?

Chris