[Building Sakai] BaseUserDirectoryService in Kernel

Raad Al-Rawi raad at caret.cam.ac.uk
Mon May 9 06:26:11 PDT 2011

Hello Sakai-Dev Gurus

I have a sticky problem: As part of our local customisations to Sakai
2.5 we made some changes to BaseUserDirectoryService.java (in what was
then user-impl) to provide webdav auth for our CAS users.
This was done by using a separately stored/maintained passkey because
our CAS is a web-based auth service (plus it's against policy to
collect/store passwords for it).

So the changes involved adding an import for a custom service package
plus other code into User authenticate() in BaseUserDirectoryService.
The custom service package is created via a separate module in my Sakai
2.7 build.

So I am trying to get things working with 2.7 and with
BaseUserDirectoryService now being in kernel, I can't see how to get the
references to work, because just adding the import will break the kernel
build (can't find the custom service package).
Also, I'm not sure if this is a valid approach - has anyone tried doing
this sort of thing?

Thanks

Raad

--