[Building Sakai] Fwd: IE 9 has been released

Mathieu Plourde mathieu at udel.edu
Tue Mar 15 13:01:36 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

I have confirmed that this bug is present in our Sakai instance for users of
IE9 at Delaware (2.6.3). I made the the following screenshots for anyone to
use.

Freezed up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mathplourde/5529392273/

Compatibility mode enabled:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mathplourde/5529980226/

Mathieu
=================================

Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Project Leader, LMS/Instructional Designer
IT-Client Support & Services
mathieu at udel.edu
Office: 302-831-4060

=================================

TOP LINKS:

Technology Troubleshooting: http://www.udel.edu/help
Sakai at UD Support and Training: http://www.udel.edu/sakai/training

=================================

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Matthew Jones <jonespm at umich.edu> wrote:

> Well, I was briefly testing it out with the final release of IE9.
>
> The "good news" is that the FCKEditor does come up, so at least the text
> areas are usable. The bad news is that almost everything that pops up a
> window freezes the browser. So this is not a good thing. Compatibility mode
> fixes this.
>
> I might continue to briefly look at it but our best fix will be to patch in
> that meta tag. I'll add it in so it can be set via property (which version
> to emulate) or disabled if desired. By default we'd probably have it
> configured to emulate IE8.
>
> 1 minute screen cast demoing the FCK bug in the current version of IE9.
>
> http://www.screencast.com/users/jonespm/folders/Jing/media/030b170e-87f1-4b1f-a337-fb00cfd08bab
>
> -Matthew
>

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Berg, Alan <A.M.Berg at uva.nl> wrote:
>
>>  I plan QA to test IE 9 in the coming days.  I have already suggested to
>> Rob and Corey to focuss the next test fests in this direction.
>>
>>  Matthews compatability patch seems the way to go in the short term. If
>> that gets in before the next RC we may have just about enough run up time to
>> verify.
>>
>>  Alan
>>
>> Alan Berg
>> QA Director - The Sakai Foundation