[Building Sakai] Fwd: IE 9 has been released

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Mar 15 09:58:36 PDT 2011

Well, I was briefly testing it out with the final release of IE9.

The "good news" is that the FCKEditor does come up, so at least the text
areas are usable. The bad news is that almost everything that pops up a
window freezes the browser. So this is not a good thing. Compatibility mode
fixes this.

I might continue to briefly look at it but our best fix will be to patch in
that meta tag. I'll add it in so it can be set via property (which version
to emulate) or disabled if desired. By default we'd probably have it
configured to emulate IE8.

1 minute screen cast demoing the FCK bug in the current version of IE9.
http://www.screencast.com/users/jonespm/folders/Jing/media/030b170e-87f1-4b1f-a337-fb00cfd08bab

-Matthew