[Building Sakai] Message center performance question

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Tue Mar 8 05:19:56 PST 2011

I would advise just upgrading to the latest version of Msgcntr if you are having performance problems.  There have been a lot of performance related improvements added since Msgcntr 2.6.  The latest is 2.7.x or 2.7.3, with 2.8 coming pretty soon.  They all run with Sakai 2.6, it just takes a small pom change to get it to build (2.8 requires a jQuery file in /library/js/jquery-ui-latest/js/jquery.min.js).  Two things you'll want to consider are:

1) You may want to run the Synoptic data quartz job to pre-fill the synoptic table with data (provides a seamless upgrade since the synoptic tool is different in 2.7+).  This isn't required and the data will populate itself as users use the tool.
2) Verify that you have all the correct Indexes in the tables: (https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msgcntr/trunk/messageforums-hbm/src/sql/mysql/msgcntr_indexes_only.sql)

Thanks,
Bryan