[Building Sakai] Temp files in tomcat?

Maurer, Christopher Wayne chmaurer at iupui.edu
Tue Mar 8 07:33:54 PST 2011

We have a rather large number of temp files in tomcat's temp directory (/usr/local/tomcat/onc2/temp).
Lots of stuff, going back as far as 2007.  Most of them are uploads… upload_19960b06_12e66bd300d_7fda_00187404.tmp.
Should something in Sakai be cleaning these up automatically or do we have to purge things ourselves?  I also see things that look like cache files which I expect to be safe and normal.  What is the expected lifespan of one of these upload temp files?

Chris