[Building Sakai] Message center performance question

DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Tue Mar 8 01:17:27 PST 2011

Hi all

We are running under Sakai 2.6.x and KNL 1.0.12 in production.

We have found that the following two queries are executed up to 7 times and don't know why even which piece of code is the responsible:

select count(*) as col_0_0_ from MFR_MESSAGE_T messageimp0_ where
messageimp0_.surrogateKey=? and messageimp0_.DRAFT=0 and
messageimp0_.DELETED=0

select count(*) as col_0_0_ from MFR_MESSAGE_T messageimp0_,
MFR_UNREAD_STATUS_T unreadstat1_ where messageimp0_.surrogateKey=? and
unreadstat1_.USER_C=? and messageimp0_.ID=unreadstat1_.MESSAGE_C and
unreadstat1_.READ_C=1 and messageimp0_.DRAFT=0 and messageimp0_.DELETED=0

On the other hand, does anybody know if MsgCntr 2.7 is compatible with Sakai 2.6.x? If we upgrade MsgCntr version, do you think we will get a significative performance improvement?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,
	David