[Building Sakai] Bug in Firefox 4 and 5 in Samigo

Mathieu Plourde mathieu at udel.edu
Thu Jun 23 07:46:06 PDT 2011

Hi dev list!

At Delaware, we have noticed this bug after our recent 2.8 upgrade.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-1244

"Rapidly clicking 'Next' or 'Previous' as a student taking a random access
test leads to validation errors and/or data discrepancy errors in Firefox 4.
We aren't able to reproduce this in IE or Firefox 3.

It looks like the Javascript that disables the buttons until the previous
request is done isn't working in FF4

This is happening enough in our 2.8.0 production instance that it is causing
users to abandon Sakai for critical testing"

Despite their responsiveness, the Stanford team seems puzzled. We were
forced to recommend to our users to downgrade to Firefox 3. Who else runs
Sakai 2.8.0 in production right now? Anyone seen differences in the way FF4
handles this?

Mathieu
Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Project Leader, LMS/Educational Technologist
IT Client Support & Services
mathieu at udel.edu
Office: 302-831-4060