[Building Sakai] Wars not expanding/exploding

Katherine Faella kmf at uri.edu
Fri Jul 22 08:45:08 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Just when it seems like I am really getting the hang of building and
deploying Sakai (2 years at this), along comes a stumper.  No doubt a
stupid stumper but I am quite frustrated.

We are moving to sakai 2.7.x and I have a dev system actually running a
2.7 instance.  Our java programmer has added a couple of fixes and up'd
the version of melete from 2.7 to 2.8.  When I check out this code and
build it, the build ends with no apparent errors.  However, it will not
start ...  snippet of the log to follow ...  I do notice that none of
the wars have exploded in tomcat/webapps.  What kind of things can cause
this??  I have used my standard procedure to include sakai.properties,
the database driver and all, to my new tomcat instance with this code.
I also ran the conversion procedures that melete 2.7 to 2.8 requires and
to prove that went okay, our developer has built the code and ran it
against the very same database with no problem.

What dumb thing have I done/not done???!!  Any and all suggestions
welcome.  Obi Wan Kenobi you're my only hope!  (Can you tell how punchy
this had made me :))

Thanks,
Kathy

Start up log attached.

--
Katherine Faella                        tel: (401) 874-4469
Sr. Technical Programmer                kmf at uri.edu
University of Rhode Island
University Computing Systems(UCS)
210 Flagg Road