[Building Sakai] Portal url's from inside "direct" servlet

Maurer, Christopher Wayne chmaurer at iupui.edu
Mon Jul 18 13:23:05 PDT 2011

I'm working on a provider that will give me consumable HTML from a REST url.  In that html, I have links back to sites.  My problem is that calling a site.getUrl() from inside my provider is returning urls like this:
http://localhost:8080/sakai-entitybroker-direct/site/9ef15098-8975-4301-8b2a-6e97f17ada15

BasicConfigurationService.getPortalUrl() is coming back with "sakai-entitybroker-direct" as my current portal path.  I suppose that it's kind of right, but is there a way to get the normal portal path without building it by hand?  It's obviously trivial to build it by hand, but I hate building things by hand when there are methods to get at them.

Chris