[Building Sakai] Portal url's from inside "direct" servlet

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 17:19:47 PDT 2011

Hi Chris,

This is reported as https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-758 where getPortalUrl gets its value from ThreadLocal preferentially. This is set by the RequestFilter where it sets the current 'portal' path as whatever context you are in, which is incorrect outside of the actual portal. I fixed this so it always gets the value from portalPath in sakai.properties. Simple change to the kernel if you want to pull it back.

cheers,
Steve