[Building Sakai] How the data is Transforming from VM to DB?

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 04:25:39 PST 2011

Hi Bhanu,

SiteAction won't call getInsertSql directly. It will most likely call SiteService.save, or similar high level API call. If you then open up SiteService.save, and follow it's logic, you will end up at the pieces of code that writes the data. In this case, you probably want to look at DbSiteService, SiteServiceSql and SiteServiceSqlDefault, possibly the other variants for different databases (eg SiteServiceSqlOracle) if a certain SQL call requires special handling for that database type.

cheers,
Steve