[Building Sakai] How the data is Transforming from VM to DB?

Bhanu.T.Motupalli bhanu at sankhya.net
Fri Jan 28 21:40:22 PST 2011

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I know that All the methods to persist and retrieve
data are almost in Kernel. But the problem is.. lets go to some deep
explanation,

 In SteSetUp --> CourseSite--> New-->
   Here i am adding some fields. These all information maintained in a
session up to the last form(Where we request site). There the data is saving
into the db. Here, i found, totally 6 rows are inserting into the
SAKAI_SITE_PROPERTY table and 1 row is inserting into SAKAI_SITE table.
Here, i found a method in "Kernel-impl",
"org.sakaiproject.util.FlatStrorgeSqlDefault", called getInsertSql(), can
have a insert statement to insert data. But here we can insert only either 3
or 4 records. apart from this method i cannot find any method to persist the
data. Then What about SAKAI_SITE, there are totally 18 fields inserting into
the table. SAKAI_SITE_PROPERTY have only 3 columns. And i cannot able to
find where the method getInsertSql() in SiteAction class.

Regards
Bhanu.