[Building Sakai] SAK-19916

DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Fri Jan 28 04:06:00 PST 2011

Dear all,

As I told early this week, we have been experiencing a curious issue: enrolled students are receiving assignment notifications. We're running 2.6.x but I've verified that the behavior is the same in later releases.

To reproduce the problem, please, follow these steps:
1. Add some students to a site (Site A)
2. Add a new assignment (Asn A)
3. Go to "view submissions" or "grade" but don't do any action and go back to assignment list.
4. Remove one student from Site A (student A).
5. Grade Asn A and realase grades by clicking the link.
6. Student A will receive the notification. This is a bug because Student A has been unrolled and thus, she/he is not a site member.

After a positive discussion  with some of you (BTW, thank you very much for your feedback!!!!), I've patched this by introducing a new configuration property at sakai.properties that allows you to set if you want to notify all your students (currently enrolled and unenrolled)

#Notify all
assignment.notify.unenrolled = true

or  only enrolled:

#Notify only enrolled