[Building Sakai] Sakai's External Integration

csev csev at umich.edu
Mon Jan 24 21:19:45 PST 2011

Raj,

These services exist. Here is some sample code that might give you some patterns:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/portlets/trunk/sakai-dash/

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/portlets/trunk/sakai-launch/

The code might be a little old.  Here is some more documentation you might find helpful:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/reference/trunk/docs/architecture/sakai_charon.doc

You might also be interested in using Basic LTI to do this with a simple shared secret instead of web services, making sessions, etc - it is more secure and performs better and has much cleaner security.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/basiclti/trunk/basiclti-docs/resources/docs/sakai_basiclti_provider.doc

And Steve Swinsberg is the master of using this - he has a uPortal portlet somewhere that does this retrieve/launch completely awesomely.   His stuff is much more modern than the portlets I wrote a whlie back.

Also Lance Speelmon has done a masterful job in using Basic LTI Provider in Sakai CLE to plug it into Sakai OAE.

Many choices :)

/Chuck