[Building Sakai] Sakai's External Integration

Raj Muthusamy rmuthusamy at accordent.com
Mon Jan 24 15:20:01 PST 2011

Dear Sakai Developers,

I'm new to Sakai and exploring various options. I have to integrate Sakai with an external web application. Here is what I'm trying to do.

-          Call Sakai's Web Services to pull list of available Courses and publish dynamic URLs (that will launch an external web app) into selected Courses.

-          When the URL is clicked, pass user name (encrypted) to the external app through QueryString.

-          Call another Web Services method on Sakai server to make sure the user's session is still valid to achieve SSO integration.

Please let me know if there are Web Services already available to perform these tasks above. Any examples and/or documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Raj