[Building Sakai] Sakai's External Integration

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 21:48:02 PST 2011

Hi Raj,

I echo Chuck's comments and would use Basic LTI for this. Whilst this can be done via web services, its no where near as elegant or portable. THat said however, if you only want a few pieces of information, the web service can give you what you are after.

Read over the doc that Chuck sent about the Basic LTI provider in Sakai.

For web services, you want to look at the webservices module in the Sakai source tree. Find a file called SakaiScript.jws and SakaiLogin.jws. They contain the methods you need to call.

Also, take a look here:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/WEBSVCS/How+to+use+the+Sakai+Web+Services

The awesome portlet that Chuck mentions is here:
https://wiki.jasig.org/display/PLT/Sakai+connector+portlet

This embeds entire tools from Sakai into an external system, in this case, uPortal.

cheers,
Steve