[Building Sakai] Authentication problem

Ciellie Jansen van Vuuren ciellie.jansenvanvuuren at nwu.ac.za
Tue Jan 18 22:40:20 PST 2011

Hallo

I need some advice. We authenticate against LDAP, with, what we call NetworkID's
eg itbcjjvv now we want to change to numbers for userID's. The problem now is
when a lecturer logs in Sakai with his number, he can't see the sites he
previously created, with the old networkID. Is there some API I can use to
change the networkid's in the database to numbers or do I need to write a script
to find and replace the networkID with the number in a mysql dump file ?

Thanx for the help
Ciellie