[Building Sakai] Authentication problem

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Tue Jan 18 23:15:43 PST 2011

Hi Ciellie,

The information you're looking for is in SAKAI_USER_ID map in the
databases. This simply is a map table that maps the human readable
enterprise ids [e.g. jblogs) to the internal Sakai ids.

So something like:

update SAKAI_USER_ID_MAP set eid='000001' where eid='jblogs';

should work (backup, test on dev server etc). As would editing the user
object via the UserDirectoryService, at least for internal users I'm not
sure it would work for provided users.

David