[Building Sakai] Sakai Knowledge Base documents

Venstra, Elizabeth erytting at indiana.edu
Tue Jan 18 13:33:13 PST 2011

Hello, everyone:

I'm on the team at Indiana University that maintains help documents in the Sakai KB (https://www.indiana.edu/~sakaikb/ ), which are also served up within the Sakai help tool.  Many (but not all) of the documents in the help tool thus come from our repository.  We maintain most of them through regular review by our support consultants, because they're also using the tools for our installation of Sakai here at Indiana, but there are some times when they don't know the answers to questions about generic Sakai, and I've been told that this list is a good place to ask when that happens.

For starters, I'd like to see if there's anyone willing to review a set of documents (17 of them, to be specific) that are not used here at IU.  These are mostly about administrative tasks, the Section Info tool, etc.  I need to know whether there's any value to anyone out there in the Sakai community to maintaining them-there's no value to them for anyone at IU.  If they do have value, I need someone to review them and tell me if they're accurate for Sakai 2.7.  They have not been reviewed in quite some time, so they're probably pretty out of date.

Is anyone willing to volunteer?  One way to do it would be if one or a few people are willing to have me create accounts for them in our system.  That would enable you to log into a "worklist" of documents, type in notes about each one, and click "Approve", which sends them to my team for editing.  However, if that's too much of a bother, I could just send you a list of URLs and take comments via email.

Any takers?

Thanks,

Elizabeth Venstra
Knowledge Management team