[Building Sakai] Adding comments to assessments with no submission

Karen Tsao ktsao at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 7 09:44:12 PST 2011

Hi Kara,

I don't think there is a way for you to add comments to the unsubmitted
assessments. Even without SAM-672, your request is not achievable. The
reason is if a student has not submitted the assessment, there is no page
for him to view the instructor's comments. By design, for a submitted
assessment, students can view the comments through clicking the assessment
name link under the submitted assessment table. But if the assessment has
not been submitted, there is no link of that assessment under the submitted
assessment table. And so there is no way to view the comments.

The only workaround I can think of is using Samigo Email feature. But that
is not a OOTB feature. You can check if you have that turned on.

Thanks,
Karen