[Building Sakai] Does minIdle at javax.sql.BaseDataSource stil work?

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Mon Jan 3 09:18:18 PST 2011

dbcp hasn't been upgraded since 1.2.2 in (SAK-9578) in 2.5. We haven't moved
to 1.4/1.3 as it required a commitment to switching to JVM 1.6 and
significant testing. At Michigan we were planning on investigating this as
there have been plenty of fixes since 2007 and have had random issues
related to pool exhaustion that may have been fixed. We needed to wait until
rolling to 2.7 and 1.6 JVM, which was done last week.

I'm not sure about commons-pool getting upgraded or not.

You could try changing some of the other properties to see if that gets you
back to your expected behavior such as "timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis@".

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/kernel/trunk/kernel-component/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/db-components.xml

-Matthew