[Building Sakai] Accessing GradebookManager interface from JSP

Gross,Christopher ufchrisg at ufl.edu
Mon Jan 3 07:52:41 PST 2011

Hello!

I am trying to access the course grade for a particular course site for the currently active user using a JSP file that we are placing in webapps/ROOT.  This will be used for displaying a certificate of completion but we obviously only want the certificate to display to them if they have completed the course with a passing grade (P for course grade value).  The only interface I can see that will enable me to do this is the GradebookManager as it has a getStudentCourseGradeRecord(Gradebook, String) function that will return what I need, a CourseGradeRecord.  However, when attempting to import org.sakaiproject.tool.gradebook.business.GradebookManager in the JSP I receive the error: "Only a type can be imported. Org.sakaiproject.tool.gradebook.business.GradebookManager resolves to a package".

Does anyone know how I can retrieve the course grade record for the currently logged in user for a specific course site?  If the method I am using is the correct one does anyone know what I may be doing wrong in trying to import the interface?

Thanks!

--
Chris Gross
University of Florida