[Building Sakai] Sakai and shibboleth

Martin B. Smith smithmb at ufl.edu
Fri Feb 25 10:40:07 PST 2011

On 02/25/2011 10:45 AM, Adam Marshall wrote:
> Is anybody using Shibboleth with Sakai?
>
> adam

Hi Adam,

We use Sakai with Shibboleth and didn't require any extra patching for
just-in-time user provisioning, though we don't add local Sakai users to
our database -- we just use a user directory provider that can look them
up from an external database when it needs them.

We just expose the username as REMOTE_USER and use 'container' login as
Sakai 2.6.x+ calls it, and then we protect the container login URL with
Shibboleth.

Hope this helps,
--
Martin B. Smith