[Building Sakai] Sakai and shibboleth

Dan McCallum dmccallum at unicon.net
Fri Feb 25 10:31:41 PST 2011

Certainly see that point, and the Stockholm Style is certainly how some
groups want their Shib integration to work.

But plenty of Shib deployments don't actually use its federating
features; it ends up just functioning as a glorified CAS. Or they do
want federated authN, but they still require official accounts in the
local directory, so plugging in a LDAP UDP works just fine. JIT
provisioning triggered by authN can also be pain for any sort of "user
listing" use case, e.g. accurately representing a class roster before
everyone's logged in.

- Dan