[Building Sakai] Rosters Working

Dan McCallum dmccallum at unicon.net
Thu Feb 24 13:35:58 PST 2011

Sites are bound to Sections, not (directly to) EnrollmentSets. The
binding is persisted to SAKAI_REALM.PROVIDER_ID and can be accessed
in-memory via AuthzGroup.getProviderGroupId(). Site extends AuthzGroup.

The default AuthzGroupService impl uses a GroupProvider to calculate
AuthzGroup memberships just-in-time-ish based on an external authority.
Sakai provides a CourseManagementGroupProvider which treats the Course
Management APIs as that external authority. This is how enrollees in
your EnrollmentSets and members up and down the CM hierarchy are
automatically added and removed from your Sites.

See Confluence for a detailed explanation of the default
CourseManagementGroupProvider behavior [1].

- Dan

1 -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/IMSES/Simple+Sakai+SIS+Services#SimpleSakaiSISServices-{{GroupProvider}}Configuration