[Building Sakai] Asking for advice

Mathieu Plourde mathieu at udel.edu
Wed Feb 23 06:18:03 PST 2011

Hi Paul,

The tabs have no pedagogical value, indeed. They are a navigation element,
allowing users to switch from one space to the other.

We probably wouldn't need to unpublish if customizing the tabs was easier.
Most users don't think of My Workspace > Preferences as the way to change
those tabs. A simple hovering of the mouse should offer the chance to
remove, move, or add new tabs by offering a contextual menu (a grip zone to
move, an "X" to remove, and a link to customize even more if desired, for
instance).

CCing the UX list to get a sense of what's in store for Sakai 3.

Mathieu
=================================

Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Project Leader, LMS/Instructional Designer
IT-Client Support & Services
mathieu at udel.edu
Office: 302-831-4060

TOP LINKS: