[Building Sakai] Asking for advice

Paul Mungai paulwando at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 21:45:36 PST 2011

> As a practice, we unpublishing courses from previous semesters one month
after the end of it. It doesn't unclutter the instructor's interface, but at
least it cleans up the student one, while leaving access to previous sites
for instructors. Then they can decide if they want to republish it.

I believe having tabs does not have a pedagogical value (if thats the reason
for designing it that way) that can not be achieved with another design. I
would vote for a drop down list with the courses, and a clear distinction
from the other tools like the OSP. It appears as if most tools, when used
appear on the tab area. This is not maintainable. And Unpublishing is not a
good solution at this day and age where information can be listed
differently.

--
Regards,
Paul Mungai

"Ability is what youre capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do.
Attitude determines how well you do it" By Lou Holtz, Notre Dame Football
Coach