[Building Sakai] [Internationalization] help on setting time zone

Anand Mehta anand.mehta at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 12:02:15 PST 2011

Hi Naira,

It looks like you should be using Etc/GMT-5 according to
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090707145844AANnghH. I would use
Asia/Karachi to avoid any confusion and you can set it as a default for your
Sakai instance by adding it to Java parameters in Tomcat's setevn.sh like this:

export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Duser.timezone=Asia/Karachi"

 Thanks,
Anand