[Building Sakai] Clarification on using UserDirectoryService Object

Gautham gautham at sankhya.net
Tue Feb 1 04:55:22 PST 2011

Hi Steve,

As suggested, we created a new tool for Self Certification. I am trying to
get the user details by importing UserDirectoryService Object. It is not
fetching the details. Is there anything I am missing here?

CODE:

public String getUserType() {
		String userId = (String)externalLogic.getCurrentUserId();
		String type="";
		try{
		user = userService.getUser(userId);
		type = user.getType();
		}
		catch(org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserNotDefinedException unde)
		{
			System.out.println(unde.getMessage());
		}
		catch(Exception e)