[Building Sakai] Web Content and X-Frame-Options

csev csev at umich.edu
Thu Dec 29 13:30:18 PST 2011

Sam,

I think that the right approach is to switch to a JSR-168 version of the content tool.   This solves several problems:

(a) Allows a real pop-up (i.e. not a popup of a window that has a frame within a frame)

(b) Eliminates a frame when the content is rendered directly.

I have been thinking about it for a while - here

There is actually working code sitting in trunk - I use a JSR-168 iframe tool to support the "Put a LTI tool in the Left tool bar".  It is pretty well developed.   But to move to becoming a complete replacement for the web content tool requires a lot of testing of all the really arcane use cases.  I was not about to take on all the use cases as I don't even know.

If it could be detected - it would be great to automatically switch to a popup.

I think proxy won't work.

/Chuck