[Building Sakai] Web Content and X-Frame-Options

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Thu Dec 29 12:49:38 PST 2011

I don't think being a proxy is a good strategy -- too much weirdness. I do think browsers will eventually put up a decent message, but that sure isn't the common case now. So, I would say that our best mitigation is a combination of 2 and 3.

The thing I see needing to be worked through is the balance between the setup UI, which launches from the tool page (and not Site Info), and the usage UI, which shouldn't require an extra click for every user. One of these will have to give.

A few strategies probably apply within this framework -- no detection, detect at setup, or detect on click. Off the cuff, I would probably lean toward detecting at setup to give site owners a diagnostic message when changing settings. If a site decides to later add the header, site owners will probably notice or be notified by site users.

Thanks,
-Noah