[Building Sakai] Weird issue with wurfl.zip

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Wed Aug 17 05:28:15 PDT 2011

Hi everyone.

This mail is to report about an strange behaviour when trying to install
the mobile devices support in Sakai 2.7.1, as documented by Gonzalo
Silverio in his blog
(http://gonzalosilverio.wordpress.com/2010/12/09/sakai-mobile-portal/)

With Firefox 4 all has gone fairly well, but when entering into the
portal with Internet Explorer (7 & 8) from a usual PC Browser, we were
redirected to the pda portal.

This behaviour didn't occurred in our test server and we have found out
that the difference seems to be the wurfl.zip version.

With a wurfl.zip downloaded the 9th of June, the mobile portal works
fine. With a newer and bigger wurfl.zip, downloaded today from the same
URL
(https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/portal/trunk/portal-charon/charon/src/webapp/WEB-INF/wurfl.zip)
the problem with IE arises.

As the newer zip should be the usual choice, maybe somebody would want
to look into this.

Best regards.
--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.