[Building Sakai] Sakai Database Model

Algaze, Louis Contractor, eDataTech ljalgaze at nps.edu
Wed Aug 17 09:00:18 PDT 2011

Rodrigo,

I don't think there is an official database model for each version.  But I got one by downloading and installing MySQL Workbench (http://www.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/).  I didn't want to generate the model from our production database but ran it against an .sql file generated from a backup of the database.  Not all tables have foreign keys defined, but it gets you 80% of the way there.

Many developers that say you should not be querying the database directly as it changes with version, it's better to use the web services.

Louis