[Building Sakai] 2.8.0 mysql conversion script issues

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Apr 15 06:54:35 PDT 2011

Agreed, this is what both of your problems are. OSX has the wrong option for
table names (which is why the conversion is having a problem with the table
case), and the tables weren't created with InnoDB. (Which is why it's having
a problem with the "too long")

The option for table names and a conversion script is described here. I know
the InnoDB option is somewhere in the installation guide but don't see it at
the moment. I'm not sure if there's a conversion for that.

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+Admin+Guide+-+Database+Configuration+and+Tuning

-Matthew