[Building Sakai] Resources - Folder (Email Notifications)

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Apr 1 11:56:43 PDT 2011

Yea, it's kind of a bummer, but the email notification on folders really
doesn't do anything. The dropdown input field was removed on 2.7, so you
must be running 2.6 or earlier? Actually getting it to do what you describe
would be a lot of work. There's not even a way to change the default
notification for an entire Resources tool to be anything other than None. :(

Forums in 2.7 added a pretty good set of watch options to at least allow
users to specify their default watch options, but that feature wasn't added
*until* 2.7, and not implemented in every tool that supports notifications.

I could see something like the CANS activity monitor [1] (an external
contrib tool) being pretty useful in your case, but besides that it seems
like a problem that's not easily solved either with that or without
unfortunately.

[1] http://fipse.missouri.edu/guides/am/