[Building Sakai] Resources - Folder (Email Notifications)

Teresa Collins tcollins at uwindsor.ca
Fri Apr 1 11:07:18 PDT 2011

Good Afternoon All!

I have been trying to setup a custom site for one of our instructors and
come across a problem.
One of the customizations needed is to have notifications set-up at the
folder level in Resources.
There are six groups defined in the site.
I setup the folders so that each group has access to their folder only.
I setup the folders with Email Notification (High - All Participants).
I altered the folder permissions so that students had everything except
for all groups and hidden permissions.
I expected that whenever a file was added or updated everyone with access
to that folder would receive an email notification. This didn't happen.
I am hoping to avoid telling this instructor that everyone needs to set
the notification option for each file added / updated.
I'm guessing that what I am trying to do is possible - otherwise, there
wouldn't be an email notification option available for folders in
Resources.
Can someone please explain how to do this?
Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks and Take Care,

Teresa Collins (Terry)
LMS Administrator (CLEW)