[Building Sakai] Questions about building Sakai

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 14:52:31 PST 2010

Hi Hui,

It sounds like you might have duplicate jars in shared/lib. Make sure that when you upgrade that you build into either a fresh tomcat or delete tomcat/shared/lib.

You should just be able to svn update, deleted tomcat/shared/lib, mvn clean install sakai:deploy, apply any db mods that may be required and start up.

Also, I'd recommend upgrading Maven to 2.2.1, Tomcat to 5.5.31 and use Java 6.

cheers,
Steve