[Building Sakai] Maths integration FCKeditor Sakai

Mustansar Mehmood mustansar at rice.edu
Mon Nov 15 11:33:42 PST 2010

Hi Nico,
+1
It will be a help to have this somewhere in cotrib and perhaps some
documentation to use it.
On 11/12/2010 01:30 AM, Coetzee, Nico wrote:
> This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
>
> Hi
>
> We have also found the following plugin for FCK editor. This plugin uses pure LaTeX input and then generates an image on your server.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1490723&group_id=75348&atid=737639
>
> I had to change some of the plugin code to make it work in sakai/fckeditor, if anybody is interested in this. Please let me know and I will put the plugin in Crontrib
>
> Cheers
>

> On 11 Nov 2010, at 11:55 AM, Daniel Merino wrote:
>
>> Hi, Alan.
>>
>> I have been testing the WIRIS Equation Editor the last days and it's a
>> great tool. In my opinion, is worth its prize. Also, they have an
>> awesome algebraic calculator.
>>
>> However, in our college we don't expect this feature to be used too
>> much, so I have managed to install a GPL solution.
>>
>> The LAMS Equation Editor
>> (http://wiki.lamsfoundation.org/display/lamsdocs/FCKEditor+Equation+Editor+Plugin)
>> works fine. You just need to change the LAMS FCKEditor path for the
>> Sakai's FCKEditor path in the install steps and it's pretty easy to make
>> it work.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>> Best regards.
>>
>> Berg, Alan escribió:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I was at the Spanish Sakai Congress and saw a demonstration of a maths
>>> editor. I am not endorsing the product, it is just I read a couple of
>>> threads on this subject recently and thought I should pass on the
>>> download link. I believe it is commercial. It is a Java applet that
>>> generates images. The URL is:
>>>
>>> http://www.wiris.com/portal/en/docs/plugin-sakai
>>>
>>> Alan
>>>
>>> Alan Berg
>>> QA Director - The Sakai Foundation
>>>
>>> Senior Developer / Quality Assurance
>>> Group Education and Research Services
>>> Central Computer Services
>>> University of Amsterdam
>>>
>>> http://home.uva.nl/a.m.berg

Mustansar Mehmood
Educational System Developer&  Integrator

Information Technology
6100 Main St. MS 119
Houston Texas 77005

Phone:(713)348-2523
Fax  :(713)348 6099
email:mustansar at rice.edu

I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when,you  looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     -- Poul Anderson