[Building Sakai] Sakai & Me

Nuno Fernandes nfgrilo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 12:20:34 PDT 2010

Olá Adrian!!!

I'm glad to hear that you've got a fresh challenge ahead, it's always a nice
> feeling. Sorry that you're taking a back seat Sakai-wise of course. I'd
> better re-acquaint myself with BBB asap ... :)

Yes... that's how life is! A new opportunity appeared and - it was quite
hard to decide but - I decided that a needed a new fresh experience :)
Yep, you should (if you can) take over BBB as on the upcoming months I will
rarely have time for Sakai (too many things to learn, with additional
formation session in between - almost no time left for me)...

> You've done lots of quality work on Sakai, always elegant  and timely. I'm
> sure your efforts will be missed by many, so come back soon :)

That's what I want to do! I just need to feel like a "fish in the water" on
my new job so I get less tired and more free time at the end of the day, so
I can get back to my contributions :) After all, Sakai IS a great community
and programming for Sakai feels just good :)

> Finally, what are UFP going to do without you?

What a pertinent question! :)
I confess that.... I don't have an answer for you! Our rector told me (60
days ago) that UFP would be interested in my contributions and, that we
would make that relationship official. However, I am not at UFP anymore and
I wasn't contacted by anyone from UFP stating its interest. Amazing is, I
was the elearning-sakai-guy - and the ONLY one - and our e-learning solution
(UFP-UV) is now without a single person to take care of it, give user
support, apply bugfixes, and so on, and so on.... amazing, isn't it?
Hopefully, I will be contacted by UFP (possibly only when they feel the rope
on their neck) to support UFP-UV. If that happens, I will possibly appear
among the Sakai community earlier than I think.... :)

Um grande abraço and... we will be in touch!

Abraço,
Nuno

--

}