[Building Sakai] Leap2A import/export

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Sun May 30 19:49:04 PDT 2010

This page:
http://wiki.cetis.ac.uk/2009-03/Leap2A_and_you

...suggests that we need to develop a clear mapping of items in Sakai
(matrices, cells, various forms, wizards, wizard pages, resources,
etc.) to Leap2A. However, since Sakai's portfolio tools provide a
skeleton for implementors to define their own form schemas and other
structures (unlike Mahara, there are NO defaults that come with
Sakai's portfolio tools), I wonder how we would begin this. My gut
tells me we would need to develop some "reference" Sakai portfolio
experience (i.e. a matrix with a few forms) and then begin the mapping
of those bits to Leap2A.

Didn't Portfolio4U do a similar project for the IMS ePortfolio spec a
few years ago? My understanding was that it wasn't something "generic"
that everyone else could just pick up in use. It was tailor made for a
set of schools that had a lot in common in their implementations.

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, NY 13104
315-682-0830